Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tuesday News

Okay, a new gameplan here at Inside the Cards, everyday we will have a news & views post. I know posts have been a bit spotty for the past month or so, but all of that is sure to change starting today. The best part of it, we want your help in making this a success; if you have UofL news, or would like to share your opinions send me an email here and we'll use the best one's and feature them on the blog.

Also, some things to look forward to for the end of the year from us here at Inside the Cards - We will have a post up next week of our All-Decade Team for both Football & Basketball as well as our Athlete of the Decade for UofL Sports. If you haven't seen Mike at Card Chronicle's take on the All-Decade Team for , check it out here.



Charlie Strong, New Louisville Head Football Coach

First order of business, Charlie Strong was officially introduced as the head coach of our Louisville Cardinals. All I can say about the press conference, and meeting with the fans afterward, is that Charlie Strong impressed the hell out of me and everybody I've spoken to since. Knowing that we will finally get back to hard-nosed, tough football is enough to bring a smile to my face. This man has success written all over him, and if not, well I'm not going to be the one to tell him. Have you ever seen a 49 year old man that looks younger than most of the 25 year old men that you know? Better yet, our coach is in better physical condition that 3/4 of the team he'll be coaching next year.

My favorite quote of the day -

(in reference to how the team will perform next year) "...we'll be alright, we'll be alright, when do we play the Cats? September 5th? Yeah, we'll be alright..."




Illinois Football - The New UofL

Dear Ron Zook, I hate you more now than I ever have in the past...Sincerely, Inside the Cards. News broke yesterday, and again today, that Illinois football is aiming to put an offense on the field exactly like the offenses at UofL during the Petrino era. How do they plan on doing this? By first hiring Paul Petrino as Offensive Coordinator, Greg Nord as Tight End Coach, and now hiring Jeff Brohm as the Quarterbacks Coach. I swear if Illinois has success I'm driving to Champagne and vandalizing something.

Can anybody remember a situation like this occuring anywhere when there wasn't a head coaching change to bring it on? I certainly cannot; but what I can figure out, is that the Big Ten conference finally has an intimidating offense (on paper) to prepare for.

That's all for today, remember to sign up for UofL/UK basketball tickets to be raffled off on December 25th.

Sign up as many times as you'd like here.

Also, any feedback is welcome in our comment section below, or by emailing me (justin@insidethecards.com), thank you for your support of our site.

No comments:

Post a Comment