Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Festivus News & Views




Before I get to some news and notes for today, I'd like to let you all know that today is Festivus, and if you have to ask what Festivus is, you don't deserve to celebrate it. With this holiday for the rest of us, there is a time honored tradition of airing your grievances; I would like to take this opportunity to air some of mine -

  • Tom Izzo - I hate you, and since you ruined my March, and subsequently my April, you need to pay. By not only beating my beloved UofL Cardinals, but by embarrasing them, you ended my season of hope and crushed my dreams of a Final Four. After that, I blame you and you alone for me having the worst 2 1/2 hour car ride of the year right after that game.
  • Samardo Samuels - I love you, I really do...but, you have made me very angry with your presence (or lack thereof) in the post over the past year. Really starting with how soft you were against UCONN last season, and the fact that against Charlotte & Western Carolina this season you only out-rebounded me by 4.
  • Freedom Hall - We've had a great relationship for the 22 years I've been on this earth, but how will I ever enjoy a hot dog or any other food purchased at your concession stands again? My Freedom Hall diet will now only consist beer, more beer, and perhaps some German Roasted Nuts if they ever decide to sell them for less than $10/pound.
  • Steve Kragthorpe - You make the list for the simple fact that you ruined football season for 3 straight years, nothing you could ever do (including a positive press conference after you were fired) will repay this debt to myself and the city.
  • John Calipari, John Wall, and anybody else affiliated with UK Basketball - If you take a short stroll down memory lane to over the summer, it was the worst summer ever to be a UofL fan. You had the Pitino saga, but on top of that, there was the hiring of John Calipari at UK and the subsequent bringing in of a mega recruiting class. This brought all of the ignorant UK fans who had fallen to the wayside during the Gillispie failure experiment out of the woodwork. As for John Wall, I love to watch him play, but at the same time I hate to watch him play, for the simple fact that he is putting out the flame of resurgence at UK with kerosene. (ed. note...My January 2nd John Wall quote predicion for myself - "DAMN YOU JOHN WALL!!!" while shaking my fist towards the sky).
Enough airing of the grievances, time to get to some news, views, and things to know...


  • Terrence Jennings has been suspended for tonight's game against Louisiana-Lafayette, taking away what would have been his first regular season start for the Cards. Jennings was suspended for an unspecified violation of team rules (standard issue), and could possibly return after one game. This, of course, now leaves us limited at the Center position against the Ragin' Cajuns; here's what Pitino had to say about that -

“We'll make some changes, but I'm not sure how we're going to go right now, because all we've been doing the last two days is working with T.J. starting.."
  • Stephan Van Treese, please make me happy, that's all I ask of you. Same goes for you, Samardo.
  • Charlie Strong has announced who his offensive coordinator will be - Mike Sanford, former UNLV head coach. Sanford was the OC at Utah under now Florida head coach Urban Meyer. Known for his spread offense, in his last season at Utah as OC his offense averaged 43.5 points per game, & 499.75 yards per game (both were third best in the nation). Special thanks to Mike at CardChronicle for the following link, but as head coach at UNLV, Mike Sanford was best known for not allowing his team to leave the field, view the footage here. Along with a (hopefully) high powered offense, Mike Sanford brings the look of a politician with him -


This guy looks like he would come to your door asking for your vote, or he'd do your taxes, take your pick.


  •  Speaking of Charlie Strong, follow this man on Twitter...It makes my day when I see a new tweet from my good friend Charlie, I'm sure it'd make your's too...Follow him here.

I'll try to have a Louisiana-Lafayette preview up later today, enjoy the holidays and be sure to sign up last minute for our UK/UofL Basketball tickets which we will be raffling off on Christmas night. Sign up in the comment box at http://www.insidethecards.com/ and leave your email address or phone number as well as your name. 2 tickets, upper level, John Wall v. Peyton Siva, Preston v. anybody in blue, Pitino v. Calipari; You need to be there, we're your connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment